VET Student Loans Selection Policy
Student Selection Policy & Eligibility
VET Student Loan Eligibility
To be eligible for a VET Student Loan you must provide evidence that:
- - an Australia citizen, or
- - a qualifying New Zealand citizen, or
- - a permanent humanitarian visa holder, who is usually resident in Australia.
The above must be held for the duration of your study.
2. Your FEE-HELP balance (the amount of your FEE-HELP limit you have left) is more then $0.
3. Students should hold (and be able to provide a copy of) a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12 Certificate) or evidence of successful completion of an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English).
If students don't have any of the above, they must complete approved Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) reading and numeracy tests and display competence at Exit Level 3 or above through CSPA approved testing tool.
4. You meet the Tax File Number (TFN) requirements.
5. You have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) or are otherwise exempt. If you provide the Academy of Makeup with your written consent a USI can be arranged on your behalf.
Student Selection Policy
The Academy of Makeup has open, fair and transparent procedures, based on merit for making decisions about:
• the selection, from Potential Students; and
• the treatment of Students.
If you cannot meet any of the above requirements, you will not be eligible to apply for VET Student Loans.
Potential Students seeking to enrol in a VET unit of study with The Academy of Makeup, regardless of their background, circumstances or eligibility for funding, will be assessed for entry to study through the same published entry requirements.
Students who apply to enrol in courses under the scope of registration of The Academy of Makeup are provided with clear and detailed information of the training programmes via email, post or face to face at events such as Open Days, or personal Tours of the Academy of Makeup.
Applicants seeking enrolment into a course with The Academy of Makeup must apply in writing in accordance with our application and enrolment procedures.
During the enrolment process, we will interview you and discuss the following criteria to assist us to determine your eligibility:
• Whether you have a genuine desire to work as a Makeup Artist within the Retail, Photographic, Theatre, Beauty, TV/Film industry.
• If you are at least 17 years of age and have completed a minimum of Year 11 High School Education.
• Whether you meet the Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements.
• If you seem willing to work in teams and be comfortable working closely in people’s personal space, have good communication skills and have a creative flair.
• Whether you have basic computer literacy.
• Whether you have the ability to use the Internet, word-processing and powerpoint documents.
• Whether you have good personal hygiene and personal presentation to work in a personal services industry
• If you are prepared to complete the Industry practice hours required.
Students will be accepted to the course if they:
• Have successfully filled out the enrolment/application information.
• Fulfil the training package requirements of entry into the course if any is applicable.
• Have completed any payment details necessary for the course if applicable.
• Meet the ACSF Level 3 literacy and numeracy assessment to have reasonable capacity to fulfil requirements of the course they are undertaking.
• Display the ability and commitment to complete the course.