Academy of Makeup COVID-19 Response
During this time of uncertainty, our priority is the safety, health and wellbeing of our students, staff and families.
As our Academy of Makeup (“AOM”) family focuses on community, connection and creativity throughout the COVID 19 changes, we have developed a strong and student-driven contingency plan for our current and future students.
To date, we have not been informed of any confirmed coronavirus case at any AOM campus. We keep up to date with, and follow directions and advice from, the Australian and State Governments. We will continue to keep our students and staff updated as and when we receive new information and if our position changes.
How we train you during COVID
- We use Google Meets, to Live Stream all classes during lockdowns. You’ll participate in real-time, live group class sessions, as well as one-on-one meetings with your trainer.
- With campuses in Melbourne, Brisbane & Sydney, if your campus is closed, you can still join a Live Stream from another of our interstate campuses.
- Our amazing AOM TV Video Library contains over 130 videos of all classes, and is free for all students to use. It’s like having a front row seat in a practical demonstration in a real class – some students say it’s better than being in class!
- We have developed many timetable variations, allowing us to swap in the best topics to do online during a lockdown, so your face-to-face training is not compromised.
- All Trainers have done an accredited Infection Control course to increase their ability to identify, manage and control infection hazards and risks.
- All Trainers are vaccinated.
- We use a QR code for everyone to scan at the entrance to campus.
- We have increased onsite cleaning and promotion of good hygiene.
- We can ship/post Makeup Kits to your door, so you have products to use, without leaving your house.
- All campuses have a clearly documented COVID SAFE Plan in place, and staff are ready for swift action if needed.
- Our open days and campus tours for prospective students are postponed, but we do have interactive Virtual Tours available, where you can see the campus, talk to your Trainers and our Course Advisor as you plan your future enrolment.
- Student Makeup Kits are now required to include face masks and a face shield in their as a regular and ongoing requirement.
- We have supported staff to work remotely so they can continue AOM student services and communications.
- For those unfamiliar with the amazing campus facilities at our Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney campuses, we are blessed to have such large and spacious campus facilities/spaces. This allows our trainers, students and staff to easily observe social distancing principles at all times.
Our Academy operations, such as enrolment into upcoming classes for future students are still available and continuing. Currently, we remain operational as part of our dedication to supporting the Creative Arts industry and helping our students fulfil their career dreams now, rather than delaying.
Our very passionate and dedicated Makeup Artistry Trainers are here to deliver you a world-class education and they are responsible for ensuring that all Academy of Makeup students are the next generation of Australia’s successful Makeup Artists. The AOM is home to many of the best and most creative Makeup Artists within the industry and we are ready to launch your Makeup Artistry career now!
Academy of Makeup Goals for our Students:
- Connect you with extraordinary people during extraordinary times
- Offer you a deeply enriched student experience
- Invite you into our amazing world of face to face artistry training and support
- Introduce you to our highly anticipated integrated online learning classes (allowing you to watch back classes at any time). No other makeup school will offer online video training to the same level and quality that we do.
- During and after COVID, we commit to continue to support all students learning needs. Where possible, we will offer flexible course delivery, including additional tuition assistance, online resources or additional free sessions to make up for days missed by students who were prevented from attending class. We will endeavour to ensure no student is disadvantaged.
You can help us by doing the following:
- Continue to follow good hygiene practices and wash hands if you attend campus.
- Adhere to social distancing principles.
- Keep up to date with information that we send you.
- If you are diagnosed with coronavirus, voluntarily let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are feeling unwell seek medical advice and let your Head trainer know.
- Continue attending our live video broadcasting live stream classes! Don’t put your future on hold. We will offer catch up classes as needed, but the more online training you can do, the less catch up you’ll need later, allowing you to continue your studies.
- Most importantly, stay passionate about makeup and take care of yourself!